What is this Base?
What is the Core Wide-area Disaster Prevention Base?
The Core Wide-area Disaster Prevention Base is a place where emergency relief activities can be performed through the cooperation of national and regional public organizations in response to extensive and wide-range damage which is beyond the ability of municipal and prefectural governments to handle alone. It is also a base for disaster prevention activities that effectively provides an attractive urban area during standardv operating hours where people can relax.
In addition to effectively providing an urban area for people to relax, the park is also used as a facility for a variety of training exercises and disaster-oriented experience learning during standard operating hours.
Division of functions and facilities
The Ariake no Oka region
A wide-area disaster prevention headquarters of the Tokyo metropolitan area that makes full use of its location in the Tokyo waterfront subcenter
- Equipped with local disaster management headquarters for national and regional public organizations and other related groups
- Core base camp for regional assistance units including the Japan Self-Defense Forces, fire departments, and police departments
- Support for disaster medical care
The Higashi Ogishima Region
Base for the emergency transport of goods using the port functionality of the coastal regions of Kawasaki
- Controls of the flow of goods including resources arriving from other countries
- relay station for maritime transport as well as river and ground transportation
- temporary gathering point and base camp for regional assistance units