- The Ariake no Oka Core Wide-area Disaster Prevention Base is a disaster prevention facility managed by the Cabinet Office.
Characteristics of the disaster prevention facility
The entire facility (including the transmission antenna tower) is situated on top of a seismic isolation system.
The facility is connected (over land and through satellite) to all government agencies as well as all prefectural and municipal governments via the CAO's Disaster Prevention Radio Communication System.
The facility is equipped with video transmission (to Tokyo as well as Saitama, Kanagawa, and Chiba Prefectures), teleconferencing, and helicopter video transmission capabilities.
- Emergency power source (in-house energy generation)
- Generating capacity of 1,000 kVA x 2 units (kerosene operated, with uninterruptible power supply for automatic switchover)
- 90,000 liters of fuel are in stock, making it possible to continuously operate the generator for three days (with additional fuel, it is possible to operate the generator for up to seven days).
- Recreation spaces, etc. for personnel
- Locker rooms, showers, and sleeping rooms are provided (during times of an emergency, a portion of public park facilities may also be used as sleeping rooms).
The facility stores a total of 139 tons of water in two networks of water tanks, about 6 tons of water dedicated to the drinking water supply, and 133 tons of water dedicated to showers and other water systems.